Many would qualify me as “normal”. I have a college degree and a good job. I own a
crappy and over priced condo. I am 33 years old with a 3 year old daughter. I am a Southern California girl born, raised and still a resident. But, I do have my quirks …
56) Many of you know that taking a shower for me is not just for hygiene, but it is where I get my best inspiration. It is the only place where there is no distraction — no lappy, no TV, no Princess D (well, she is usually sitting outside the shower watching a movie and eating a snack), no phone, etc. It is the place where I can relax and think. I have found myself one to many times scribbling on my shower wall with the Princesses Crayola® Bathtub Crayons or rushing through my shower so that I don’t lose what I had drafted in my head. I have come up with some of my best posts in the shower, so it is a bit amazing that I am not in there a lot longer than I typically am.
57) I really don’t like jewelry with hearts on it. I don’t know why. There just seems to be a bit of a cheese factor to the “heart jewelry” I have seen. I am sure if someone gave me this or this I wouldn’t exchange it. But, for some reason it is not something I would pick out.
58) I hate raw or whole tomatoes. I can eat salsa if it is finely pureed. I love spaghetti sauce, but will pick out the chunks. I am not a fan of sun dried tomatoes either. I do love tomato bisque though.
59) I have an obsession with lip balm. I can’t help myself from buying tubes and jars of deliciously smooth and lip smacking balms. Because of my uber sensitive skin there is only one that I can actually wear. So, I have a plethora of lip balms I have only used a couple of times until my lips tell me that they hate it and I am back to my Rosebud Salve.
60) Birds freak me out. I don’t mind them from a distance. I think they are beautiful and interesting, but I never understood why people would want to keep them in a cage in their home. When I was a kid my dad and I took in a baby bird that fell out its nest. That little thing had fleas and infested our house. Then when I was a teenager a couple of love birds got loose in the neighborhood and decided they liked our house. They would dive bomb out heads whenever we were outside. The only bird I like is my friend Birdie (that is her nickname)!
So, not really quirky, but just enough to make you raise an eyebrow at me. What are your quirks?